Greetings Everybody!
Hope you all had a wonderful time these past few weeks without me to read? No? GOOD!
Well we have had a pretty good couple of weeks. First my wife and I travelled up to the Texas Panhandle to see her family up there. Our Sister-in-Law had put together a wedding reception/party for us which was beautiful and amazing. She really worked hard on it and it all came out perfect and we had a wonderful time. Then after returning to Austin we jetted off to the one, the only, New York City!
My first time there it was really amazing. The best time to go to New York City is the Crimbo season and the tree at Rockefeller was lit up and everything. We even got some little snow flurries!
We were only there for 4 days and it was exceptional! We travelled all over Manhattan doing all the tourist stuff. Empire State Building, Macy's, Times Square, Rockefeller Centre. We even got to attend a taping of The Late Show with David Letterman in the Ed Sullivan Theatre. For those that don't know, that's the Theatre that The Beatles performed at for their Live American Television debut in 1964 on The Ed Sullivan Show. Ed Sullivan himself is gone but not forgotten and it was an experience i will treasure for the rest of my life. The Letterman show was OK. I was hoping Paul McCartney would make a surprise appearance (Turns out he saved that for Jimmy Fallon the next day) but the guests were Alright. Barbara Walters was the main guest. Along with Jemma Mays from Glee and musical guest Alison Balsom. Letterman's jokes were funny though. Which was nice.
We went to The Dakota building and Central Park on December 8th also and sang with our fellow Beatles/John Lennon fans. That was emotional and we enjoyed it. At first i was in two minds about going because of the depressing atmosphere there might be. Apart from a couple of guys (yes GUYS) Crying their eyes out it was great. We sang songs and held a minutes silence at 10:50pm, the time Lennon was shot. We went back home, passing the Dakota entrance one more time.
Thursday we went to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. A highly enjoyable trip and we got some great pictures of Manhattan and the surrounding area from afar and of course Lady Liberty. Seeing Ellis Island was a great thing too because of my situation. I would have been doing this myself. Coming in on the ship. Getting processed through the island. I am one of those Immigrants who came to America for a better life. The luggage they had to carry which was everything they had in the world. America has had a bad reputation for many years now but at it's heart it is still a great and amazing country and it was built by Immigrants. You love where you are but you also remember where you came from. But it's bad manners to assume just because you're made up of people from all over the world that you can own the world.
It's off up to Borger, TX for Crimbo. Got to check in with the relatives up in the north of Texas and play games and eat and drink and get sick
Happy Christmas and A Happy New Year to you all! Speak to you in 2011!
LMAO! I love how this starts off with, "Yay we're married and everything's cute!" and then goes to, "Now we're off to New York! Cute, Cute, CUTE!" and then ends with, "Americans are all right, but they're really just a bunch of immigrants and they suck because they think they own the world. NOT CUTE!" lol!
ReplyDeleteAlso, a little foreshadowing with the getting sick up in Borger comment, no? :-p
Glad you had a good time in NYC, especially at the December 8th Strawberry Fields sing-a-long. I used to live in Manhattan, glorious time of my life, especially with the Beatle-ful people!! :D
ReplyDeleteNYC was WONDERFUL! My first time visiting and I cannot wait to return! You used to live in Manhattan eh? Why did you leave?!
ReplyDeleteHad to leave Manhattan after I graduated, as I could not afford to live there anymore after that. Hope you get to go back soon! Hope I get to go back soon too, for that matter!!
ReplyDeleteWhere do you live now then? I hope to get back to NYC as soon as possible. I can't wait to travel the length and Breadth of the US too!
ReplyDeleteIn Chicago these days, if you're ever passing through, give me a shout! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete